Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Which Israeli Political Party Would You Support?

There is an interesting online survey available which helps you determine where you'd fall on Israel's political spectrum and which Israeli political party you'd support.

Apparently, the survey is designed to help undecided Israeli voters (at least 30 percent of whom reportedly remain undecided) for whom they ought to vote.

Some of the questions are very difficult, in the sense that they really make you reconsider, or at least struggle with, long-held beliefs. Others are simply poorly-written, and I suspect probably to skew the results.

For example, one question asks whether freedom of speech should be protected in Israel even for those who "speak against the state." Well, obviously, many supporters of democracy will answer "yes." But in the context of Israel, "speaking against the state" really refers to those Arab Knesset (parliament) members who travel to Lebanon and Syria to participate in anti-Israel rallies organized by Hizballah and Hamas. In this proper context, the answer to the question then ought to be a resounding "no."

Decide for yourself what, if any, other questions are equally disturbing or unfair.

Meantime, I'm proud that I ranked a solid "hawk." You'll see what I mean when you see your own results.

No comments: